How It All Began...

I found out I had a food intolerances in an odd way. I was living in Florida at the time and had been happily eating whatever I wanted. After a bout of severe irritable bowel and anxiety issues I decided something had to be done. On the recommendation of a friend, I went to see a Naturopathic Dr. I took what was called a Carroll Test and, lo and behold, it came back that I was intolerant to Dairy, Soy and Sugar. The Dr. told me to removed all those items from my diet and eventually my body would heal itself.
It's been three years of altering recipes so I don't feel like I miss out on all my old favourites. Along the way, I've spoken to many people who have these same intolerances. I couldn't find anywhere with recipes that were already altered so this is for anyone else with similar intolerances that still has a love of food like I do!
Let the adventure in the kitchen begin!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sarah's Cinnamon Snikerdoodles!

Most  of these recipes I've found online and altered for myself, so I can't take full credit. These particular cookies are super tasty and definetly a favorite around my house. If you have a sweet craving this is a good way to go!  Hope you love them as much as we do!

Sarah's Cinnamon Snikerdoodle
1 C Maple Sugar (my next post will have places to buy this stuff)
1/2 C Coconut Oil or butter or applesauce
1 LG egg
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 C flour
1 1/2 tsps Cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
---------
1/4 C maple sugar
1 TBSP cinnamon

Directions:
* Cream Oil & sugar ( beat in egg & vanilla)
* Combine flour, Cinnamon, baking powder, & salt.
* Add to oil mixture & blend well
*Cover and refridgerate for 2 hours ( or until firm)
* Mix second batch of cinnamon & sugar together and leave in a bowl
* Roll cookies ( about 1 inch wide) in cinnamon & sugar mix
* Bake at 350 degree F for 10 mins or until lightly golden
* Let cool
* Enjoy with a good cup of tea!

2 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by these! So, you can have maple sugar, that's good! What about sugar alternatives like stevia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually never used Stevia in baking before. I can have it but I do like the flavour the maple sugar gives the cookies! I'll have to try it out.

    I can have maple sugar, maple syrup, naturally occurring fruit juices and honey.

    ReplyDelete